Terms and Conditions
How the Referral Program Works
A. Program Participation, Generally
B. Eligible Advocate
To participate in the Thousand Miles Referral Program (“Program”), Advocates should visitthousandmiles.eu and follow the on-screen instructions to refer friends, family members or colleagues to the Program by entering their names and email addresses in the relevant fields.
- Individuals who receive a referral via an Advocate are "Friends" (or, singly, a “Friend). An "Eligible" Advocate who is fully compliant with the following terms and conditions governing the Program (“Terms and Conditions”) may receive "Reward(s)" for every "Qualified Referral” (all terms in quotes to be understood as defined below).
- By participating in the Program, an Advocate represents that he or she has his or her Friend's prior consent to provide their email addresses.
- Both Advocate and Friend must be from the same country/ region
- To be "Eligible," an Advocate must:
- Be at least the age of majority in his/her state or province of residence. Where the Advocate has not reached the age of majority in his/her state or province of residence, the Advocate must have obtained and shared with us the consent of his/her parents or guardians in allowing their minor dependents (in this case, the Advocate who has not reached the age of majority) to use the site.
- Create an account and be logged in to start referring friends.
C. Making a Referral
An Advocate must register at thousandmilesco.com to make a referral. No previous purchase is required (purchasers and non-purchasers alike are eligible). Once an Advocate refers a Friend, he/she will be provided with a unique referral link ("Personal Link") that allows the Advocate to receive credit for Qualified Referrals ("Credit"). Personal Links will be issued only to individuals.
- Advocates must respect the spirit of the Program by only referring real individuals who meet the requirements of these Terms and Conditions. Advocates cannot refer themselves, including without limitation, an Advocate may not create multiple or fake accounts with Thousand Miles or participate in the Program using multiple or fake email addresses or identities.
- Advocates can only send their referral links to Friends within the same region.
D. Qualified Referrals
- A “Qualified Referral” means that all the following conditions are met:
- The Friend completed the purchase in the Friend’s first order, using the Advocate’s Personal Link. If a Friend purchases from or registers with Thousand Miles using any other link or method, the registration will not count as a Qualified Referral and the Advocate will not earn Credit.
- The Friend was not previously registered with Thousand Miles under any email address or alias; and
- The Friend is at least the age of majority in his/her state or province of residence, or that he/she is the age of majority in his/her state or province of residence and the advocate has given us his/her consent to allow any of his/her minor dependents to use this site.
- The Friend must be within the same region as the Advocate in order to claim the reward.
E. Earning Rewards
- Advocate shall receive in his or her Thousand Miles account one (1) reward (each, a “Reward”) in the form and value determined by Thousand Miles for each verified Qualified Referral generated by Advocate.
- There are limits in place on how many and how frequently referrals can be made by Advocate. Rewards may not be given if those limits are exceeded.
- Rewards may be redeemed in various forms in the Thousand Miles's sole discretion. Restrictions may apply, including by way of example and without limitation, wherein the Reward is in the form of a gift card, gift certificate or voucher, it may be subject to the issuer's terms and conditions.
- The Reward must be claimed or utilised prior to its expiration. Request for the extension of validity and/or re-issuance of Reward will not be entertained.
- The Reward can only be redeemed once.
- The Reward cannot be combined with other vouchers, rewards, discounts or promotions.
- Only one Reward at a time may be used per transaction.
- Thousand Miles reserves the right to modify, vary, or change the Reward at any time.
- The Reward can only be claimed from Thousand Miles store within the same region.
F. Verification of Qualified Referrals
- Rewards are subject to verification. Thousand Miles may delay a Reward for the purposes of investigation. Thousand Miles may also refuse to verify and process any transaction Thousand Miles deems, in its sole discretion, to be fraudulent, suspicious, in violation of these Terms and Conditions, or believes will impose potential liability on Thousand Miles, its subsidiaries, affiliates or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents. All of Thousand Miles's decisions are final and binding, including decisions as to whether a Qualified Referral, or Reward is verified.
- Thousand Miles reserves the right to refuse the issue of any reward to any Advocate and/or the Friend referred by the aforementioned Advocate at any time.
- Thousand Miles reserves the right to vary any and all elements of this offer at any time without notice.
- Thousand Miles reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to prevent any individual from participating in this or future promotions.
- The Program is subject to modification or termination at any time without notice in Thousand Miles’s sole discretion.
G. Transfer and Value of Credit and Rewards
- Rewards have no monetary value and may not be redeemed for cash.
Referral credit cannot be applied to previous purchases.
- Rewards are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and may not be auctioned, transacted, traded, bartered or sold.
- Upon termination of the Program or any portion thereof for any reason, or upon cancellation of an Advocate’s Thousand Miles account for any reason, any unredeemed Rewards that have not yet been delivered to the Advocate are forfeited.
- Thousand Miles reserves the right to alter, extend or terminate the Program, or amend the terms and conditions at its sole discretion at any time without prior notice. In case of any disputes directly or indirectly arising from the Program, the decision of Thousand Miles shall be final.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Program shall be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts of Malaysia.